Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Wonderful Week...

Greetings all!!! Just finished breakfast and am sad and excited to say that our third week here is coming to a close.  What a wonderful week it has been!!! Just to quickly update you all, last week we explored the Father Heart of God (which spoke to Sarah and I into our future plans for a family and the heart we want to have for our children).  I recommend checking out the book, "The Father Heart of God" by F. McGlung Jr. (I think that is right...). This week we changed up our lecture schedule and dove headfirst into Personal Freedom.  Sarah had warned me about the times in DTS where our we will confront the parts of us that we keep hidden, I heard those warnings but I felt that I could handle it... boy did I have another thing coming:) I have been able to really root into my problems with depression (which have been pretty heavy that last few years) and confront them head on,  and I have to say that God is great!!!  I would love to tell anyone more about it if interested, there is so much to tell but I will save the blog for the lighter stuff:)  I am so excited what I have learned so far and am excited for what is still to come.  We found out this week that we will no longer be heading to St. Croix or the Bahamas and instead we are going to be heading into the Dominican Republic and Haiti.  The YWAM base in Haiti wasn't hit too hard with the Earthquake and so they have been working very hard doing anything and everything possible to help and we have felt strongly called to go and do our part!  On another note Sarah and I have been enjoying each other and our walk more and more daily and although I know you all know that I married a wonderful woman I have to say she is absolutely amazing and she continues to amaze and excite me!  I am so excited for each day and although we have both been very busy with the DTS we have still found times to sit and talk, laugh and cry, and truly explore our love for eachother. I am very blessed with her, with my family (by the way my little sister is now living in Australia and I am sooooo excited for her!), my friends, and all the people that have imparted me with the ideals and values that I now call my own.  I often think about my friends back in the Fort (you all know who you are!!!).  My fantastic parents in Moab, and my wonderful new parents on Bainbridge.  My lovely sisters in Denver, Grand Junction, and Sydney... My little brother who I want to throw on a plane to be able to go to a DTS for the growth and experience... I could go on and on, because I have been blessed with so many amazing people through out my life!  pheww... Sorry I just was so excited about everything I just needed to let a bit of it out.  I hope you all are wonderful and Sarah and I would love to hear from you all, even though I know it works both ways and although we have great intentions of emailing and such, we often get caught in the flow of life and our emailings suffer:) Blessings to you all and if you can shoot us a post on facebook, or an email to the rappes@gmail.com anything to let us know you all are alive and well:)

4 comments:

  1. hi guys. so glad it's going well. best of luck in haiti...that's amazing that you can go and help. may you be strong of heart and mind. we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! I am so excited for you both to be in Belize and even more so to go to Haiti. My heart and prayers will be with you both as you make your journey there. I am ecstatic for what the Lord has in store for you (maybe in the future some work we can all do together.) It is awesome to read your words and see that the Lord is drawing you near and setting your hearts and minds on things above. This is one of thee most important details of our lives and one that we often forget is so vital to our lives with Him. I pray that in Haiti, Jesus will build you two up and use you there for His amazing glory.
    So excited for you.
    Love you both!
    M & B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si, thanks for keeping us update on what's going on down in Belize. I'm so encouraged that you and Sar are growing in SO many ways. She is amazing, huh? I'll truly be praying for the rest of your time in Belize and for your time in Haiti. What an opportunity!

    Love you both so much! Not sure if you knew I've been keeping up a blog, but if you want to read it, it's www.theunexpectedharvest.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going swimmingly for you both! I'm so excited and Silas it sounds like this was just the journey you needed. I'm so happy that this has put you face to face with the past and that you can resolve so much! Truly brought a tear to my eye. Hope things continue to inspire you both and that you can bring some insight back to some of us in the articland of CO. :)

    -S. Glatfelder

    ReplyDelete