Saturday, January 9, 2010

What a Week!!!  Our first week of DTS came to a close yesterday and it was wonderful!  Sarah and I are so excited to be here and to be part of such an amazing organization.  A typical day starts at 5:50 for me and 6:30 for Sarah, shower, quiet time and then breakfast at 7.  We then move on to class until 12:30 and then work duties from 2:30-4:30.  Dinner is served at 5 and then we have class, church or something until nearly 8 or 9.  By that time we are pretty spent and the bed is a welcome site.  Although is seems a long day, time flies by and I am so excited for each part of it.  One thing I have to say is I thought that we were going to be missing the rainy season!!! It has been chilly and raining here pretty much every day since we came and although it still is sooooooo much better than the snow and cold of Colorado (I do love the Fort but the Jungle has a but more appeal during the winter months) I am ready for some sun and heat.  Besides the fun we have been having getting into the daily routines with the wonderful people that are here with us, Sarah and I have also been able to spend a lot of quality time together.  We miss everyone very much, from our friends and families, to our churches and yes even those places we called "work".  I hope that the new year brings blessings and happiness for you all, as it is already been a beginning of something wonderful and amazing in our lives.  Goodnight everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys!!
    Glad you are getting settled! Excited for your time there and what God will do in your hearts! What a wonderful experience you guys get to have together!
    Many blessings!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete