Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey coma and 99

Silas and I lay in bed thankful that sleep time is upon us. Thanksgiving has been wonderful, yet crazy. Having the entire Rappe clan home for the holidays has proven eventful and loud. Thanksgiving consisted of way too much good food (there were at least 4 pies left over, and an entire turkey), a hitchhiker that Seth and Brit picked up on the way here, and many laughs.
Tonight we played, for my first time, the card game that is a Rappe family tradition, 99. I won :)
This family continues to amaze me with their crazy ways and unruly tongues, and how it all seems to fade when you realize their genuineness and a willingness to be there for one another.
I am truly blessed by being accepted and loved into my second family.

No comments:

Post a Comment