Monday, March 1, 2010

San Benito Poite for me...

Poite for me was somewhat of an awakening... or I should say a letting go.  When Sarah and I felt the call to come to do our DTS in Belize I knew that I would be taking a HUGE step of faith.  We felt though that that was were God wanted us to be and after a lot of confirmation in so may ways we took the step and here we are.  In our DTS God has been constantly teaching me how to live, challenging me to transform and renew my mind.  So a week or so before Poite I was struggling with condemning feeling in regards to finances (mainly stemming from a change in washer and Dryer in our house in Fort Collins, not a huge thing but something the enemy tried to use to bring me into despair rather than hope).  I received a break through from those stresses (really learning to turn them over to faith and trust that God would provide) the Friday before we left, only to find out on Sunday, that my father had had a moderate heart attack.  Wow, does the enemy know how to get to me... financially, then with my family.  Being in Belize, where I knew I couldn't do anything, I had to turn my eyes to Christ and in prayer I turned it over to Him.  We left Monday morning and if you have read Sarah's blog before this you will see that what should have been a 5 hour trip turned into 12 hours.  Through the week in Poite we were challenged to push into God's will and to touch the lives of these people.  Myself I felt the need to step back and rest upon Him.  The days we were there I stepped up to help in any way I could, I spoke when I felt I needed to, however through out the time I felt like God wanted me to simply "be still and know that he is God."  Through out the whole time there I felt a sense of Peace that I have never felt.  There is soooo much more to share but i will trim it own for now:)  Needles to say when we returned I heard good things concerning my dad, he is eating better, trying to exercise, cutting out the cigarettes and has begun reading the Bible.  All of which is answered prayers.  We have been able to rest and I have been able to push further into studying the word and again how to transform my life.  Eagerly seeking a heart like David (I have been reading into the life of David a lot and suggest everyone do it).  His faith was impressive.  I continue to feel the peace that I found in Poite, constantly laying my worries and stresses at the foot of the cross and seeking Christ's will for my life... intense, I know:), however worth it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment